Wednesday, August 18, 2010

working on being here a week...

I have discovered there are pros as well as cons to living by myself in a suite in a Navy Lodge.  --The first pro has been dancing by myself.  Noone is here, so if I decided my hips are not gonna lie like my girl Shakira, there is noone here to complain.  
-The first con, however, is the inability to do laundry when I want to.  Waiting outside of a room with coin operated machines buzzing happily is a definite downside to my temporary quarters.  Gone are the days when I would roll downstairs in William's house, clandestinely move his laundry from the washing machine, do my laundry, then put his stuff right back in the washer.


I mourn the loss of such wonderful schemes.


-A definite pro is that when I leave each morning the magic fairy who cleans up comes in and gives me new towels.  
-Another pro is that if I so chose, I could choose to not make my bed one day.  And while I never chose that, it's nice to have that option there.
-A con is the fact that I am trapped here on the support site base with a bird's eye view of Italy.
 -A pro is that I am not having to pump gas. 
- A con is that the water is making me break out.  So as if the stress of a transcontinental move wasn't enough, the water is putting the final nail in the proverbial coffin of my skin.
-The best pro is that when I am a mooch nowadays it's not because it is in my nature to mooch (which it is).  It is because everyone mooches when stuck in the Navy lodge.


See?  I do come out ahead.


Also got fitted for my chemical warfare gear and gas mask today.  I love when you are wearing a suit that a billion people have already tried on and then when it's already 90 degrees with no AC, you are putting on three and four layers of fire and chemical protected gear to prove you know how to tighten velcro straps.  Those terrorist nerve agents have got nothing on the US Navy.
-

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is you crack me up... Umm, go Navy?

    ReplyDelete